Analytic Social Psychology
- Erich Fromm, "The Method and Function of Analytic Social Psychology: Notes on Psychoanalysis and Historical Materialism"
- Theodor Adorno, "Sociology and Psychology"
- Jessica Benjamin, "The End of Internalization"
- Wilhelm Reich, "Ideology as a Material Power"
- Russell Jacoby, Social Amnesia, excerpts
- Theodor Adorno, Problem of a New Type of Human Being
- Lynne Layton, "Relational thinking- from culture to couch and couch to culture"
- Herbert Marcuse, "The Social Implications of Freudian Revisionism"
- Erich Fromm, "The Human Implications of Instinctivistic Radicalism"
- Herbert Marcuse, Reply to Erich Fromm
- Port Huron Statement
Commodity Psychoanalysis: SPI Spring Summit 2017 in NYC
- Peter E. Gordon, The Authoritarian Personality Revisited: Reading Adorno in the Age of Trump
- Theodor Adorno, "The Culture Industry Reconsidered"
- Benjamin Y. Fong, "The Psyche in Late Capitalism," in Death and Mastery
- Lowenthal and Guterman, Prophets of Deceit, selections
- Phillip Henry, "Fashioning a New Psychoanalysis: Exceptional states and the crisis of authority in analytic practice, 1919-1925" (draft)
- Theodor Adorno, "Society"
Summer Summit 2015 in NYC
Psychoanalysis & Education
- Siegfried Bernfeld in San Francisco
- Theodor Adorno and Hellmut Becker, "Education for Autonomy: A Dialogue"
- Stanley Aronowitz, "Against Schooling"
- Siegfried Bernfeld, Sisyphus: Or, the Limits of Education
- Bert Cohler & Robert Galatzer-Levy, “Love in the classroom: Desire and transference in teaching and learning.” (2006)
- Bruno Bettleheim, "Psychoanalysis and Education"
- Karen Zelan, Bettelheim Overview
- Anna Freud, Psychoanalysis for Parents and Teachers
- Sigmund Freud, Preface to Aichorn's Wayward Youth
Adorno's Social Psychology
- Theodor Adorno, "The Fetish Character of Music and the Regression in Listening"
- Theodor Adorno, Walter Benjamin, Letters
- Theodor Adorno, Introduction to The Authoritarian Personality
- Theodor Adorno and Max Horkheimer, "Prejudice" from Aspects of Sociology
- Theodor Adorno, "Freudian Theory and the Pattern of Fascist Propaganda"
- Karl Marx, "The Fetishism of the Commodity and Its Secret"
- Wilhelm Reich, Preface to the First Edition of Character Analysis
- Otto Fenichel, "The Drive to Amass Wealth"
- Sigmund Freud, Group Psychology and the Analysis of the Ego
- Eli Zaretsky, "The Ambiguous Legacy of Psychoanalysis"
- Eli Zaretsky, "Absorption and Marginality"
- Eli Zaretsky, “Autonomy and Resistance”
- Eli Zaretsky, “Charisma or Rationalization? U.S. Psychoanalysis in the Epoch of the Cold War”
- Russell Jacoby, "The Repression of Psychoanalysis"
- Sherry Turkle, Introduction, "Freud's French Revolution"
- Sherry Turkle, “The Social Roots of Psychoanalytic Culture”
- Sherry Turkle, “‘Reinventing Freud in France”
- Andrew Lakoff, “The Lacan Ward”
- Its GDP Is Depressed, but Argentina Leads World in Shrinks Per Capita - WSJ
- Anne-Marie Schlösser, “Oedipus in China: Can we Export Psychoanalysis?”
- Evan Osnos, “Meet Dr. Freud: Does Psychoanalysis Have a Future in an Authoritarian State?”
Types, Transference, Termination
- Sigmund Freud, "Some Character-Types Met With in Psycho-Analytic Work"
- Carl Jung, Psychological Types (excerpts)
- Carl Jung, on the Unconscious (excerpts)
- Alfred Adler, selections
- Melanie Klein, "Notes on Some Schizoid Mechanisms"
- Melanie Klein, "On the Criteria for the Termination of a Psycho-Analysis"
- Melanie Klein, "The Origins of Transference"
- Winnicot, Hate in the Transference and Transitional Objects
- Reich on the Technique of Character Analysis
- Reich, Conflict and Character Armor, excerpts
- Heinz Kohut: “The Termination of the Analysis of a Narcissistic Personality Disorder”
- Juliet Mitchell, "The Holy Family and Feminism"
- Eric Kandel, "A New Intellectual Framework for Psychiatry"
- Eric Kandel, "Biology and Psychoanalysis"
- Ogden, “The Analytic Third: Working With Intersubjective Clinical Facts”
- Jacques Lacan, "Symbol and Language as Structure and Limit of the Psychoanalytic Field"
- Fonagy and Target, “The Mentalization-Focused Approach to Self-Pathology”
Administrative & History
- Sherry Turkle, Psychoanalytic Politics: Freud's French Revolution
- Russell Jacoby, Social Amnesia, selections
- Jacques Lacan, “The Freudian Thing or the Meaning of the Return to Freud in Psychoanalysis” (1955/56)
- Stephen Mitchell on Harry Stack Sullivan
- Chris Bangle, "Great Cars are Great Art," TED
- Tracy Morgan interviews Jon Mills
- Tracy Morgan interviews Sandra Buechler
- Wilfred R. Bion, Experiences in Groups and other papers
- Bion, Experiences in Groups quotes